Friday 10 April 2015

Roasted Chicken 65 | Staters recipe | Indian recipe


On a very very popular demand I am giving out the recipe of this dish. Frankly there isn't really a recipe I followed, I simply kept adding what ever kept coming in front of me in my pantry.  And the reason I named it roasted chicken 65 is because my husband is a great fan of chicken 65.(you really have to see his love for  this dish in person to believe me.)



Chicken 65 has many different stories as to why is it called so, some say its because it was prepared in the year 1965 for the Indian army soldiers in a small canteen in Chennai . Some say it took 65 days to prepare its marinate hence the name and the most popular which even I knew was it is prepared with 65 spices/chillies. The fact is no matter what the stories are the best Indian chicken stater which has been ever thought of is " The chicken 65 ".


Today was a impromptu decision to make roasted chicken for dinner and as I went thru my kitchen shelf's I kept adding spices. The results was totally mouth watering.

Ingredients

  • 1/2 kg - Chicken (cut into large pcs)
  • 1/2 Can - Coconut milk
  • 10/12 pcs - whole red chilly(dry)
  • 10 pods  - garlic
  • 02 tsp - coriander seeds
  • Salt to taste
  • 10/12 - Curry leaves 
  • 02 tsp - Coconut oil 
  • 01 - lemon
Method 
  1. Wash the chicken and keep aside for the water to drain out completely.
  2. Mean while, dry roast the red chilies , garlic and coriander seeds together in a pan till the aroma comes out make sure it's not burnt. Cool 
  3. Now mix the about dry roasted ingredients along with salt to a corse powder.
  4. Add the spice mix, coconut milk, coconut oil, Lemon juice,curry leaves together and mix well.
  5. Let it marinate for at least 30-45 mins.
  6. Now in a pre- heated oven bake the marinated chicken for 45 mins at 200 degrees.
  7. Serve hot.  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment