Wednesday 18 June 2014

Chicken Dhaba Style | Indian Recipe



CHICKEN  DHABA STYLE
Okay as mangoes ain't my favorite fruit, I really can't think of so many recipes. So today it's my all time favorite Chicken Dhaba Style, In fact this is the only chicken curry my husband prefers with bones, he has this silly fascination with boneless chicken and on the other side it's me who loves chicken bone( I like it the Indian way) The first time I had this chicken was in this club in our locality and the taste was to die for, it give the famous chicken tikka masala a run for its money. So me being the inquisitive me I walked up to the cook to ask for the recipe, and believe you me I was on the 7th heaven getting the recipe. The only short cut that I did was I ordered the tandoori chicken from a near by take away and did the gravy myself. Probably sometime later I will surely find the perfect tandoori chicken recipe and put it up for you all. 



As for now I think it's the perfect fix for your surprise guests,as the gravy preparation alone does not take too long and by the time they enjoy their drinks you are done. 


Okay... I have a confession to make !!! I am a die hard fan of chicken which my friends will vouch for, a few weeks back there was a "bandh" (means closed) a form of political protest by activists in India. So there wasn't any supply of chicken in the meat shops and I wanted to have chicken soup. So we(me & my friend) went looking for chicken, went to at-least 08 shops and came back without it. Finally we started calling up friends if they had it in stock.. But tough luck I guess, so finally had to do with chicken salami soup :) 

Ingredients 

  • 01 Bird - Tandoori Chicken(readymade)
  • 03 Medium size - Red onion
  • 01 Cup - Fresh tomato puree
  • 04 Tbsp - Ginger garlic paste 
  • 04 no. - Green chilies 
  • 02 tsp - Red chilly powder (kashmiri)
  • 1/2 tsp - Turmeric powder
  • 02 tsp - Coriander powder
  • 01 tsp - Cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp - Garam Masala
  • Salt to taste 
  • 01 tbsp - Whole wheat flour (atta)
  • Water 
  • Oil 
Method
  1. Heat oil in a non stick pan, add onions & saute till onions turn golden. Add ginger-garlic paste. Cook
  2. Add turmeric, chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder & cook the masala for 02 mins.
  3. Add tomatoes and chopped green chilies and cover the pan and let it simmer for 06 -08 mins.
  4. Now just add enough water to the masala so that it doesn't stick to the the bottom of the pan.
  5. In a separate bowl mix the whole wheat flour with water to make a smooth paste. 
  6. Add to the cooked masala in the pan, & water according to the type of gravy you desire.
  7. Add the tandoori chicken & simmer for another 10 mins. Add garam masala & salt to taste.
  8. Garnish with fresh green coriander & serve. 






No comments:

Post a Comment