Saturday 14 June 2014

Andhra Style Mango Pickle



Hello people, as I mentioned on my earlier posts that I will be giving out as many mango recipes this June, as I have this really huge mango tree in my backyard. Today I am doing a traditional South Indian mango pickle for you all. The recipe is by my domestic help. 
Remember as kids actually why only as kids even now, how much we all relish "Priya Pickles". There is something about that pickle that no other brand could get that taste ( it's just like Maggie, remember when they tried to change the taste !!!) And this homemade pickle get me bk that taste.


This pickle has been sunning for almost a week now and the skin of the mango is just about softening. (Practically I should be waiting for a few days more but I can't wait no more).The taste of this pickle is just like the one we have always had. I was a bit hesitant when I asked my help to make this pickle as I was so sure that it wouldn't taste good and will have to throw the entire lot into the bin !!!!!!! But to my surprise it tasted great. And now non of my meals go without this pickle. 


I have never done a pickle before but this recipe was so easy that i couldn't stop myself from doing it.




Ingredients

  • 01 kg - Raw mangoes
  • 1/2 cup - Mustard seed powder
  • 1/2 cup - Fenugreek powder
  • 1/2 cup - Dry red chilly powder
  • 1/2 cup - Salt
  • 1/2 liter - Oil (sesame oil)
Method

  1. Mix all the above ingredients together and keep in a container for 01 week, Sun the pickle everyday & its ready.  

3 comments: