Monday 24 March 2014

Honey oats bread




After mentioning the honey oats bread from Subway in my last post,I just couldn't stop myself from baking one & converting it into my all time favorite tuna sub. Infact to add on to my craving, yesterday my friend & I had a girls day out hogging & shopping, we decided that we will go to this barbecuejoint which is very very popular here in India called the "barbeque nation" but as we searched our way to that place on the GPS,we both (my friend & I )saw our all time favorite restaurant "Mainland China".






Slurp slurppp & we couldn't stop ourselves to visit it yet again.And there went all our plans of barbeque nation. But to our surprise the buffet at MLC was more than satisfactory the lavish staters was a real high. Infact one can stuff themselves with the appetizers & give the main course a miss. Desserts were usual but the Chinese sweet dish " darshaan" (thick honeyed noodles with vanilla ice cream)all my trips to Kolkata is incomplete without it, was sure a hit. After stuffing ourselves to guilt we decided to take back the famous Hyderabadi mutton biryani for our dear husbands who were at home studying (yes our husbands are in a profession where they need to study ..still). After reaching home when we expected that they would be more than happy,the reaction was one said he wouldn't eat so heavy at night & the other said biryani...... but I want to eat a sandwich from "subway".So ya getting back to my craving....someone mentioned SUBWAY !!!!! So I had to do the bread today.




This recipe is from the blog food.com & as I read the author katzen mentioned that she took this recipe from the blog bakingdom. Some recipes really travel a few blogs !!

Ingredients

  • 03 Cups - All purpose flour (there goes my healthy label But i  substituted it with whole wheat flour)
  • 3/4 cups - Oats (i used saffola instant oats)
  • 2 1/4 tsp - Instant yeast
  • 1 tsp - Salt
  • 1 cup - Milk
  • 1/4 cup - Lukewarm water
  • 1/4 cup - Honey
  • 2 Tbsp - Butter (i used regular table butter)


Method

{Note - I have followed the blogger step by step as she has instructed in her blog}

  1. In a large glass bowl combine flour,oats, yeast & salt.
  2. In a separate bowl melt butter in warm milk  make sure that the butter is not boiling just melt.Add water & honey.
  3. Mix all the dry ingredients & wet ingredients together to form a dough untill smooth and elastic.
  4. Cover the dough with a moist cloth & keep aside for 1-2 hrs till it doubles its size.
  5. Place the dough on a baking tray as per your desired shape 
  6. Pre heat OTG at 180C. Place an baking dish on the bottom rack with 2 cups of boiling hot water in it.
  7. Brush the loaf with honey & sprinkle oats on it.
  8. Place this bread tin on the the rack above & bake for 40-50 mins.(works something like a double boiler)
  9. Cool completely before serving.
You have to try this bread at home to believe it. It's absolutely yum. Even better than the one at SW. Absolutely soft, melt in the mouth texture.




Do drop in your views & your blog URL so that I can visit yours too.






6 comments: