Saturday 22 March 2014

Honey wheat bread with flax seeds



Off late i have realized that i have become quite a conscious person when it comes to eating healthy.( I know i just cant give up on my kfc craving) but as far as possible i try and eat healthy. I usually order wheat bread from the local bakery in the neighborhood, and recently learnt that they add more of all purpose flour and less of whole wheat. So i decided to do this bread with whole wheat flour. And while i was preparing for the dough, I saw this packet of flex seeds lying a in my pantry( really don't know its expiry) So i decided to do this "honey wheat & flax seed bread", though my favorite has always been honey oats bread from subway, the taste of freshly baked bread is unbeatable(ahh..the honey oats bread with tuna !! yummy )   
                                                                                                      

My original recipe includes egg in it, but as a request from couple of my friends i did this egg-less version of the bread. This was my first attempt & has turned out satisfactory.I guess more than satisfactory as we (my hubby & me) polished off the entire loaf in minutes. 



Serves -04
Baking time - 30 mins.
Prep time - 60 mins.


Ingredients
  • 1 Cup - Whole wheat flour(atta)
  • 1/4 Cup - Refined flour (maida)
  • 1 Tbsp - Oil 
  • 1 tsp - Sugar
  • 10 grms - Yeast 
  • 2 Tbsp - Honey
  • 1/2 Cup - Milk 
  • Flax seeds
  • Salt to taste
Method
  1. Mix 1/4 cup of lukewarm milk add yeast mix and keep aside for 15 mins to ferment.
  2. In a mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients along with honey & oil, give it a nice mix.
  3. Now add the remaining milk to the yeast mixture & pour over the dry ingredients slowly as you knead into a soft dough.
  4. Cover the dough with a moist cloth and keep aside for about 45 mins in a warm place.
  5. The dough would have raised to double its size, knead it again with a little oil on your finger tips
  6. Place it on a greased baking tray, sprinkle flax seed over it.
  7. Bake for 30-35 mins.
  8. Serve hot with butter or simply store it in an airtight container up to 3 day & eat as you desire. 





No comments:

Post a Comment