Sunday 9 March 2014

The Spread & The prep


Hello friends... Writing back after a crazy busy fun weekend  and it was one Hell of a weekend. To start with Friday we went to a get together which started with a slow begining but by the end of it it went totally out of hand ,  got my dancing shoes on ..... & then there was no end !! And phew got up with a  terrible party hangover (hangover without drinking) couldn't move a single part of the body & guess what I had a day full of cooking cooking & cooking !!!! Somehow motivated myself to get started after popping a pain killer off-course. The menu I had planned was totally indian tried to make each dish from a different state ( the advantages of being an Indian we have so many varied dishes to choose from)


Menu

Starters
  • Appe with coconut chutney 
  • Cheese balls 
  • Paneer manchurian (our very own indo-Chinese)
  • Masala Alloo fries (frozen packet)
  • Chicken seekh kebab (frozen packets)
  • Chicken 65 ( andhra style)
Main course
  • Rajasthani gatte ki sabji 
  • Panjabi Chole  
  • Spinach eggplant bake (which I call musakka.... Origins my mums kitchen)
  • Onion bhindi (okra/lady finger what ever you call it. eaten in every household in India )
  • Fish(basa) in xoriohr jool ( mustard gravy Assamese style )
  • Muglai chicken 
And the must haves 
  • Rice
  • Rumali roti (Indian bread which is as thin as a kerchief "rumaal" so rumaali )
  • Curd
  • Sirke wale pyaaz ( pickeled onions in vinegar)


Desert
  • Phirni ( rice & milk pudding.While I got started with the pudding almost more than half way through I thought I decided to give a twist & will give out the recipe in my next blog so keep reading )



BTW the pic of my new couch (thanks to the rainy weather in Hyds & less indoor seating at home) & the prep before the party.

See you soon in my next post soon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment