Wednesday 14 May 2014

Apple Cheese pie | Galette apple | Double crust.





So it's time for good byes already. My friend is shifting base to New Delhi. I hate good byes !! And soon it will be my turn to say bye to Hyderabad & the lovely people here. I am doing a apple pie for her & her hubby today. They have been the greatest critics of my desserts & food. And I love people who give a true opinion about food. And recently I discovered that my friends hubby loves apple pie. So, this pie is especially for them.


Because it's a double crust pie. I am giving it two different kinds of layers, one being the crumble crust at the base and puff pastry on the top(covering layer). Doing it just to give texture to the pie.
The filling is apple,sugar & cinnamon ( yes cinnamon again I am totally in love with this spice, most of the recipes I give out would have it for sure, and apple & cinnamon are BBF can't do without each other. No apple pie is complete without cinnamon) 



Recipe - easy 
Prep time - 30 - 45 mins
Bake time - 01 hr.

Ingredients 


  • 04 - Apple (peeled & sliced)
  • 01 tsp - Cinnamon powder
  • 1/2 cup - Sugar
  • 02 cubes - Cheese processed (goat cheese tastes best but I had processed cheese at home so I used it)
  • 01 Cup - All purpose flour
  • 100 grams - Unsalted Butter cold & cubed.
  • 10" long puff pastry ( for recipe here)

Method


  1. Coat the apple with cinnamon powder and sugar, keep aside.
  2. Now make crumble crust by mixing cold butter with all purpose flour till the flour resembles bread crumbs. 
  3. Add ice cold water n make a hard dough.
  4. Bake in the over for 5 mins. Keep aside to cool.
  5. Now fill the crust with apple mix.
  6. Top the pie with puff pastry sheets.
  7. Bake for 45 mins at 150 degrees.
  8. Serve with vanilla ice cream. 

NOTE 
Remove the pie immediately from the oven.

CONFESSION  
The pie was delicious but the top crust got a little burnt. The colour which should have been golden brown but turned dark brown,only because of my carelessness. 






No comments:

Post a Comment