Tuesday 27 May 2014

Marble Cake | chocolate & vanilla | Tea time cake


Pheww... After a really busy busy last week,today finally I took out time to post. My past post on sweet & sour mango pickle was not really done by me. It was all thanks to my friends mum-in-law. It tasted out of this world. She is totally blessed to have a MIL like her.



Today I am doing a marble cake which has been my favorite since childhood. i remember polishing off one whole cake in no time. It's a simple & a very common tea time cake,but it's popularity has always been on a high.


Just a look of this beautiful swirled chocolate & vanilla cake give me motivation to bake more. I often wonder how people say they hate to cook..... Just look at this cake, how beautiful & interesting cooking/ baking is !!!! Best thing in this art is you  get to eat the beauty that your eyes appreciate.


This recipe that i am given out is that my mother swears by. And I promise 100% success.

Ingredients  

  • 02 Cups - All purpose flour
  • 02 tsp - Baking powder
  • 01 Cup - White Sugar 
  • 100 grams - Butter (table butter is good enough)
  • 02 - Eggs
  • 01 tsp - Vanilla essence 
  • 02 Tbs - Coco Powder
Method 
  1. Pre- heat oven at 170 degrees. 
  2. Place flour, baking powder,sugar,eggs & butter in a mixing bowl and with a electric beater mix for 02 mins or until smooth.
  3. Divide the batter into 02 portions. And add coco powder to one.spoon by spoon drop both the batters alternatively. With a knife swirl the batter. 
  4. Bake for 30 mins.

5 comments:

  1. crossing fence any time now to chomp chomp chomp...on that beauty :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty is gone already ;) wud bake one for you again :)

      Delete
  2. will surely try my hand on it soon.. will post d results.. thanx fr sharing dearie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will wait for your reply... Stay connected Hun
      xxx

      Delete
  3. will surely try my hand on it soon.. will post d results.. thanx fr sharing dearie :)

    ReplyDelete